Share it now
Here is a rare radio interview with Gregory Young, Ph.D., Oxon., Neuroscientist and developer of Attend. This is from one of Dr Cowan's old "Your Family's Health" radio program from c.1999 on KERI radio. It is about 14 minutes long and is very interesting and quite in-depth. It's worth listening to
The ATTEND Homeopathic Medicine Formula Details
Homeopathic Medicines : Homeopathic Ingredients in Attend
Attend contains homeopathic ingredients officially listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS). Here are the homeopathic ingredients and their respective potencies.
- Kali Phosphoricum - 30C HPUS Helps reduce hyperactivity, decrease irritability, and increase alertness. Relieves headaches brought about due to overexertion (aka “student’s headache”).
- Lithium Carbonicum - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Reduces tension from external stimulations. Helps alleviate “brain fog.” This is not the "lithium salts" that is used to treat bipolar disorder. This is a homeopathic medicine, and is not related.
- Naturum Muriaticum - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Reduces symptoms of depression and oversensitivity to all sorts of influences.
Helps to detoxify the cells.
- Agaricus Muscarius - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Helps increase neurological inhibition, may help to alleviate ticks and improve control of the nerves.
- Argentum Nitricum - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Alleviates feelings of inferiority, fear, and nervousness. Lessens impulsivities and melancholy. Improves a weak memory as well as errors in perceptions.
- Fluoricum Acidum - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Clears the mind and permits focus. Normalizes energy levels especially in those prone to extremes.
- Hyoscyamus Niger - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Reduces impulsivities and alleviates paranoia and feelings of depression. Reduces muscles twitching and spasms.
- Iodium - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Calms the nervous mind and body. The fidgety and restlessness felt by ADHD individuals is also helped. Improves memory.
- Kali Bromatum - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Reduces feelings of melancholy. Assists with memory and recollection.
- Humulus Lupulus - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Aids with depression. Calms the nerves and reduces symptoms associated with nervous conditions i.e. nausea, diarrhea, headaches.
- Ignatia Amara - 9C, 12C, 30C HPUS Relieves Hyperesthesia (a condition that involves an abnormal increase in sensitivity to stimuli of the senses). Calms the mind of those who are over-active or nervous.
- Hypothalamus - 12C HPUS Has a direct effect on stimulating or controlling functions of the organs.
- Avena Sativa - 6C, 12C HPUS Improves focus and concentration. Relieves nervous exhaustion and associated symptoms.
- Tarentula Hispanica - 9C HPUS Alleviates impulsivity. Used to treat those who are “must keep in constant motion;” Calms the “busy body.”
- Valerian Officianalis - 6C HPUS Calms the hysterical, over-sensitive, or nervous person. Alleviates cramps, bloating, and diarrhea associated with a nervous disposition.
- Other homeopathic medicines include: Cimicifuga Racemosa, Caffeinum aka Coffea Cruda, and Lithium Bromatum (not lithium salts).
Amino Acids in Attend
- L- Valine - increases cognitive function and smooths nervous system functioning.
- L- Tyrosine - used by the brain to produce Dopamine and Norepinephrine. Tyrosine has been shown to increase concentration, decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression. Best used in conjunction with vitamin B6. It is the parent compound for the manufacture of Norepinephrine and Epinephrine in the adrenal medulla, and of the hormones thyroxin and triiodothyronine by the thyroid gland.
- L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L- Cysteine - help to detoxify the body and promote healing.
- L- Cystine - strengthens the immune system, reduces damage from free-radicals, works to repair RNA-DNA in the cells, helps in the assimilation of vitamin B6.
- DL- Methionine - from the lipotropic group of amino acids, supports the liver's manufacturing of lecithin (Phosphatidylcholine), and helps to chelate heavy metals from the body's tissues.
- L- Glutamic Acid - washes debris and cleanses the CNS so that you may think better and are calmer. It is involved in the creation of Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), improves overall brain health, improves attitude and mental performance.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) - essential for normal inhibitory functions of the CNS. It has been said that 70% of the brain is there to inhibit the other 30% of the brain. Certainly part of the problem with ADD ADHD can be classified as a "dis-inhibition disorder". GABA is an essential factor in the brain's inhibitory functions.
- Glycine - a neurotransmitter. Also necessary for the immune system, for health of the thymus gland, spleen, and bone marrow. Helps to maintain adequate amounts of ATP in the muscles. Necessary for balanced white cell production.
- L- Glutathione - a free radical scavenger, helps to detoxify the body.
- DMAE - helps to "open up" neural pathways in the brain. Also acts to disolve lipofuscin on nerve pathways, thereby decreasing neurological "interference". DMAE is also an acetycholine precurser. DMAE is basically a Choline molecule with one methyl group missing from the nitrogen. DMAE is more able to cross the blood-brain barrier than Choline. Once inside the brain, an enzyme performs a methylation that converts DMAE into Choline. So, taking DMAE increases the brain's potential to make neurotransmitters. It helps with mood elevation, improvement of memory and learning, intelligence increases, and increases in the life span of laboratory animals.
- DL- Phenylalanine - used by the brain in the manufacturing of dopamine and norepinepherin, which are excitatory neurotransmitters, which function to improve learning and memory. DLPA increases energy, decreases depression and pain, increases helps to process proteins, often converted to tyrosine.
Lipids, EFAs, Vitamins, and Minerals in Attend
- Pyridoxine HCL- B6 - may help to increase serotonin levels in the brain.
- Calcium Pantothenate - necessary for normal cell function.
- Magnesium Aspartate - necessary for normal cell function.
- OptiZinc - to help regulate protein synthesis in the body. Zinc deficiencies in children is associated with both behavior problems and mental retardation. Zinc is also helpful in building the immune system.
- Niacinamide-B3 - works with B6 and DLPA to increase serotonin levels in the blood and brain.
- Radix Heraclei, Gotu Kola, Gingko Biloba - to improve blood flow in the brain. May enhance memory and cognitive functioning.
- Chromium Nicotinate - to help stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Pycnogenol, and Pine Bark Extract x4 - which are powerful antioxidants that can easily pass the blood-brain barrier. They act to provide protection to CNS tissues and strengthen capillaries in the brain, plus act as free-radical scavengers throughout the body.
- NADH (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide - Coenzyme 1) - an enzyme stored in every cell of the body and used in the production of energy of each cell, may help to improve memory functions and learning, thought to increase the production of dopamine in the brain as well as noradrenaline and acetylcholine, may help to protect neural pathways.
- Catechol - a catecholamine precursor.
- A complete Endomembrane Lipid Complex including Phosphatidylcholine, Phosphatidylethanolamine, Phosphatidylserine, and Phosphatidylinositol. Phosphatidylcholine is found in every living cell, with its highest concentration found in vital organs such as the brain, heart, liver, and kidneys. In the brain Phosphatidylcholine is transformed into acetylcholine, which is vital to the transmission of neural impulses. It has been shown to enhance memory and cognitive abilities.
- A complete Fatty Acid (Omega Oil) Complex including Medium Chain Triglycerides, Lauric, Myristic, Palmitic, Palmitoleic, Stearic, Arachidic Acid, Oleic, Linolenic, EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid), Decosanoic Acid, DHA (Decosahexaenoic Acid), Linoleic, GLA (Gamma linolanic Acid), Ecicosatrienoci Acid, and Arachidonic Acid. Fatty Acids have been shown to be beneficial to the nervous system and to the body's immune system, as well as other vital health benefits. New research is show Essential Fatty Acids to be highly effective in reducing the symptoms of ADHD.
- DHA and Arachidonic Acid - exceptionally important long chain fatty acids. They are essential for normal brain development in infants and in children.
The VAXA Attend formula is an extremely well balanced combination of "brain foods". This formula is years ahead of other labs in the development of non-prescription treatments for ADD ADHD.
Share it now